Many women struggle with some kind of vaginal issue during their life. But simple diet changes can really help.
Common conditions include:
- Yeast and bacterial infections,
- urinary tract infections (UTIs),
- vaginitis, thrush,
- excessive discharge
- vaginal dryness
Any of these can make a woman miserable,
Factors that affect vaginal health include:
- unprotected sex
- conditions like pelvic inflammatory disease
- psychological issues
- hormonal changes in the body
Side effects of birth control and use of feminine-hygiene products also impact your vaginal health.
A healthy vagina has acidic pH level and lots of “good” bacteria to help ward off infections. Good hygiene and certain foods can help keep your vagina healthy and your pH levels balanced.
Eat your way to a healthy vagina? I know it sounds kinda weird but true!
Top Foods for Healthy Vagina
- Garlic is loaded with antimicrobial and antifungal agents that help prevent vaginal problems, things like, UTIs, vaginal discharge,odor, itching, burning, keeping vampires away.
- It also boosts your immune system.
- Eat 2 to 3 raw garlic cloves on a daily basis. You can also add garlic to your meals and salads. If you prefer to take garlic capsules, consult your doctor first.
- Helps combat vaginal dryness as well as itching and burning, eat kale and other low-oxalate green vegetables for a system boost. If you put kale in a smoothie with fruit you wont know it’s there.
- Kale is high in vitamins A and C and helps improve blood circulation. Add kale to your salad, vegetable juice or smoothie. Other green vegetables that are good for vaginal health are collard greens, cabbage, and celery.
- Edamame contains phytoestrogens, this soy product help keep the vagina lubricated, which is very good home remedy to alleviate dryness, and itching.
- It also contains omega-3 fatty acids, and several vitamins and minerals that help your body cope with PMS and menopausal symptoms.
- A ½ cup of organic, unprocessed edamame on a regular basis, along with other soy products like soybeans, soymilk, tofu are greatly beneficial.
- Eating Greek yogurt daily is an excellent way to maintain both vaginal and general health. It contains live and active cultures, that prevent disease-causing organisms from growing inside the vagina. The cultures produce chemicals like lactic acid that can kill bacteria causing organisms.
- Eat 1 to 2 cups of probiotic yogurt daily. Other probiotic foods are, miso, kimchi, sauerkraut and kefir.All excellent choices for your health.
- Lemons support vaginal health due to their acidic nature, they help maintain a stable ph in the vagina.
- Antioxidants in lemons help protect the cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Drink lemon water couple times a day to help restore a proper ph level.
- To make lemon water mix 1/2-1 lemon in a glass of water, you can even add some raw honey for taste if you desire.
- Here’s one you know, Cranberry juice is great for improving your vaginal health. It also helps balance your pH level and its acidity helps fight UTIs, vaginal infections and a couple other issues..
- High in phytoestrogens and in omega-3 fatty acids. The phytoestrogens and Zinc are beneficial for increasing estrogen levels, which in turn assists in relieving vaginal dryness,itching and burning.
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds in, smoothies, yogurt or salads will provide benefits. Also drink plenty of water with flax seeds.
- Avocado is a great food for vagina health. The healthy fats in avocado support healthy vaginal walls and can aid in vaginal lubrication. This helps prevent dryness, itching and burning.
- Avocado is rich in vitamin B6 and potassium which support vaginal health too.
- Don’t over do it though, you only need 1/4 cup to utilize it’s rewards.